Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Beauty Routines and the Other Side


When I get ready in the mornings my bathroom counter is a disaster. Make up, brushes, wash cloths, toilet paper smudged in eyeliner, cleansers, moisturizers – it looks like I had my way with Sephora. Have you ever wondered what your husband or significant other thought about the products you use? There are quite a few times in my life I've received a "what the heck are you doing to yourself?" look. Especially high school..during my beauty experimenting phases (burn all the photos!!). Funnily enough, my husband does know because his mother is amazing with hair and nails. Few things are a mystery to him – so this weekend I’ll be asking my 10 year old son what he thinks the following products are and their uses. I want you all to do the same! It could be interesting to see what your significant other thinks about your beauty routine and why you do the things you do!

Tape a video, take photos, type your responses, whichever method you choose. Show your significant  other the ten following beauty items and record their responses! I’m certain we’ll all be in for a good laugh and maybe a surprise or two. I’ll post the best responses on the blog this Saturday!

These are products I use often or have at some point that go beyond your generic foundation and blush. Here’s what I think I you should pull out and show your S/O if you have it. If not, just show them these photos and see what they think! I'll post a list of what they are the end of the article.

*All of these images are from www.sephora.com




1. 


2. 


3. 

4. 

5. 

6. 


7.

8. Stila - Stay All Day 10-In-One HD Illuminating Beauty Balm With Broad Spectrum SPF 30

9. 

10. 



1. Facial Exfoliator Brush
2. Dry Shampoo
3. Angled Cuticle Nipper
4. Eye Liner Pen
5. Eyelash Curler
6. Foot Buffer
7. Hot Rollers
8. BB Cream or Beauty Balm
9. Angled Eyeliner Brush
10. Retinoid Eye Repair Cream

No comments: