Friday, March 16, 2012

Nail Polish Jewelry


When I received Fantasy Fire, I did half a mani..realized she wasn't for me, and took her off. But I wanted something to remember her beauty by before I sent her on way to a new owner, and decided I would try my hand at nail polish jewelry. I'm really happy with the results and am very eager to make more. I'm thinking China Glaze Riveting and OPI rainbow connection will make fun jewelry.

First, I painted two coats of fantasy fire on the cabochon. Once those coats dried, I painted 3 coats of zoya raven. Here are the photos of fantasy fire:





I also did a necklace with Sinful Colors Nail Junkie. I painted 3 coats of Nail Junkie on the cabochon and then did 2 coats of Wet n Wild Black Creme:


     


There are many tutorials on how to make nail polish jewlery. It's actually really self explanatory. I think most people are curious as to where to buy the cabochons and pendents. I bought mine here: http://www.sunandmooncraftkits.com/

Sun and Moon Crafts is FAST. I ordered Sunday night, was emailed an invoice Monday morning, Monday afternoon had a shipment notice and tracking info, and my items arrived Wednesday! I'm happy with the quality as well. I'm not quite sure the pendent is metal, but it isn't exactly plastic, either. Maybe it's just high quality plastic? I'm not sure, either way - great prices, fast shipping, good product.

When you order, remember to go and buy the chains for your necklaces you're making. You need to buy those separately. I almost forgot. :)

7 comments:

Megan @ Let There Be Lacquer said...

both necklaces are lovely :)

MixedMama said...

OMG I want the sinful colors one!!!! She's beautiful!!! Great job!

Jessica said...

Thanks!:) I'm wearing the nail junkie one right now. I need to take a picture of it in direct sunlight, it's so pretty!

Joy B said...

Jessica! These are amazing!! I'll have to talk you into throwing one into our next swap package. ;) I love them! You must sell them! Really, really pretty. Good job!

Jessica said...

Lol @ selling them. That's just what my better half needs to hear.

It won't take much convincing for me to throw one in for you. :)

Starlight Radiance said...

You can sell them on Payvment on Facebook if you wanted, they don't charge to list items like Etsy does, and they don't take a portion of your profit either, but Paypal does because that's how customers have to pay for them.

Both of the pendants look great though! I loooove the Nail Junkie! I need to make some like that! :D

Jessica said...

I've never heard of payvment. I probably won't sell these unless a ton of people are interested.:)