Saturday, March 10, 2012

Influenster Love Vox Box Review

According to the website:

"Influenster is a community of trendsetters invited to share their lifestyles and show their influence to qualify for personalized product shipments, special rewards and exclusive deals from the brands they love. Members love testing the latest products, giving insightful feedback, and spreading the word on their favorite finds!"

You unlock badgers and submit product reviews in order to be considered for a vox box. I was selected for the February Vox Box.

The box included:

Gillette Venus & Olay Razor  - 8.99-10.99
Kiss Nail Dress - Fashion that Sticks - 6.99
Stash Tea Herbal Tea Sampler - 3.50
Ghirardelli Gourmet Milk Creamy Devotion Bar - 2.99
Truvia Natural Sweetener - 3.99 (40 ct)

Unfortunately I devoured the Ghirardelli chocolate bar before I was able to take a picture of it, so I have just a stock google photo in place. Whoops, my bad. I know the box comes first and everything should be photographed but man..I saw chocolate and I just dove in. I'm surprised I didn't just spoon eat the Truvia.




Venus & Olay Razor:
I love Venus. Ever since I started shaving I've always used a Venus razor. They know what they're doing and I have no reason to stray from them! I'm a big fan of Olay and this razor really helps keep legs moisturized while you shave. I'm a dry shaver so these types of razors are on my "must have" list. The refills for this are expensive though, which is unfortunate because my lubricating part of the razor didn't last long at all. Maybe four shaves? Then it fell off.

Ghirardelli: Obviously, it was amazing. The second I saw it I devoured it before even considering a photo. It was an amazing, creamy, smooth, chocolate mouth party. I want more. Ghirardelli has owned the rights to my heart for a very, very long time.

Truvia: It's a good sugar replacement. I try to avoid aspartame and sucrolose, and since I have yet to find any negative information about truvia I'll continue to use it.

Stash Tea Herbal Tea Sampler: I love tea and was happy to see it in my box. I'm a huge tea drinker and always have been. I have a terrible cold right now so the lemon and ginger tea included really hit the spot. I love the variety in this box and would recommend it to any of you who enjoy tea.

Kiss Nail Dress - Fashion that Sticks: Sigh. These were just bad. I'm hesitant to try any other brand of nail art strips besides Sally Hansen because Sally Hansen just gets it right the first time. I did not like these nail strips. They do not stick well, even with a base/top coat. You have to cut the strips down and then file them, even after that they still look bad.

The idea of having toe strips was a cute one but they did not fit well at all. I didn't even bother finishing my foot before peeling it all off.

The designs were cute, but I've done cheetah print before (which I need to post here!) so it wasn't a design I can't do myself which is something I look for in a nail applique. I know that isn't a requirement for everyone, since the main purpose behind these is to save time. I'm not going to buy something if I can do it myself when I have a free moment, though.

Here are a few photos:



Lemon & Ginger tea with a strawberry muffin, anyone? I'm not going to lie. I ate two muffins, and they were good.




All the tea selections. Next on my list to try is licorice!





These are the KISS Nail art strips. They didn't fit my nails very well and they look very cheap to me. These retail for 6.99 - just spend the extra 2 dollars and buy the Sally Hansen strips.




My daughter (two next month!) staring at the Truvia. Ignore the mess, we just got back from handling some family business and we just unloaded the car, so my living room is destroyed!

No comments: