Friday, February 10, 2012

ICING: Teal me I'm Awesome

It never really occured to me to scour Icing for good nail polish. I usually just bypass the store front but when a fellow blogger posted a haul I had to stop in and check out their inventory. I posted one review/swatch of their magnetic polish here. Since then I've purchased one more magnetic (coming soon) and a glitter. The glitter is called 'Teal me I'm Awesome' and is every bit as true as the name claims:


 Here it is over Sally Hansen "Gun Metal" (review of that tomorrow). Can you say WOW? This looks amazing - like something Deborah Lippmann would conjure up. This is 4.50, but Icing always has Buy One Get One 50% off, so an even better deal! Teal Me I'm Awesome looks so much more expensive than 4.50 to me.

You have to click on these pictures for a bigger view. They're just beautiful. The application is a breeze. Make sure one layer dries before you add another. This is just one layer of the polish. I can only imagine how awesome full coverage with this would be an I intend on trying it when I have the time to sit and let each layer dry. I didn't get much pooling with it at all. It's simple to get the glitter on the brush and onto your nail. I know with some polishes you try and try and all you have is a bunch of micro glitter on your brush - but not with this one!

I love it. Go to Icing, buy this now, thank me later! While you're at it, pick up their Magnetic polishes because those are just as awesome! For 9.00 a piece you're practically stealing. You probably haven't even read this far, you're still staring at those pictures, aren't you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to drag my husband into Icing and have a look at their polishes. We normally avoid places like Claire's and Icing, they always play horrible music. But I'll make an exception for some glitter goodness.

Sarah said...

I just found your blog, and I love this polish! I am a big fan of nail polishes at The Icing... it's a good secret! I posted about SOPI's "I Only Shop Vintage" today; as soon as I put it on, I realized I'd purchased the Icing's dupe before the original. Oops! I'll have to go back and see if I can't find Teal Me I'm Awesome.

Jessica said...

I love it, too! I need to pull it out and wear it again. Icing is a great haven for nail polish. How funny you already had the dupe, a way cheaper one at that :P